We have expanded the payment options available at Grailed. Eligible sellers can now accept payments via Apple Pay, credit cards and buy now, pay later with Klarna. This update gives buyers more choices, and sellers more chances to make a sale.
As a seller, why should I offer Apple Pay, credit/debit cards and Klarna?
Offering more payment options can help you sell more and increase your earning potential on Grailed:
- Boost sales: Buyers are 66% more likely to make a purchase when Apple Pay, credit cards and Klarna are available.
- Earn more: Grailed buyers who buy now and pay later with Klarna are also likely to spend 62% more on listings.
- Unlock direct deposit: Seller funds made through Apple Pay, credit cards or Klarna are deposited directly into your bank account within 3 days of delivery.
When given the choice, Grailed buyers prefer checking out with Apple Pay, credit cards or Klarna 70% of time. You can, of course, still keep PayPal as an option when offering these new payment methods on your listings.
How do I activate these new payment options?
If you are a seller, check your Settings to see if you currently have access to these new options. If you are eligible, getting set up is simple using our partner Stripe. Onboarding typically takes about 5-10 minutes.
How to get started:
- Have your bank routing and account numbers ready. You’ll need to connect your bank account to unlock direct deposit for your funds made via Apple Pay, credit/debit cards and Klarna.
- Click Activate in your Settings. You will be directed to start onboarding with our partner Stripe.
- Follow the prompts on the screen, including entering your name, Grailed seller page URL and bank info.
You will receive a confirmation message once new payment options are successfully activated. If you pause the process at any point, you can restart by visiting your Settings to complete onboarding. You may receive follow-up emails with more information from Stripe if you have trouble completing the process. Check your Spam folder if you are expecting a Stripe email and do not see it in your inbox.
Once I’ve activated more payment options, what will buyers see?
Buyers will see the option to pay by Apple Pay, credit/debit card or Klarna on your listings alongside the option to pay with PayPal.
How do I know how much I have sold via Apple Pay, credit/debit cards or Klarna?
We’re working to integrate reporting tools directly into Grailed. For now, the best way to track sales is via the dashboard offered by Stripe. Your Stripe dashboard can be viewed by clicking the View Dashboard link in your Grailed Settings or Payments settings.
The Stripe dashboard helps sellers to track sales, total earnings and upcoming payouts via Apple Pay, credit/debit cards or Klarna. You can also check your list of sold items to find out whether a particular sale was made using Apple Pay, credit/debit cards, Klarna or PayPal.
What are the fees?
Your Grailed commission rate remains unchanged no matter what payment options you offer to buyers. Domestic transactions processed using Apple Pay, credit/debit cards or Klarna are charged the same fee as those processed using PayPal — 3.49% + 49 cents. For more information on domestic and international fees, check our Processing Fees Help Center article.
How do refunds work?
Full and partial refunds can be issued directly via your Grailed messages, transactions or on the listing page. You can easily issue a refund from the Grailed iOS app or on Grailed.com.
What if something goes wrong?
All transactions made using Apple Pay, credit/debit cards or Klarna are processed securely and receive end-to-end, in-house support from our team of Grailed experts. If you have a problem or question, just reach out to our Support Team. We’re here for you.