What is Grailed’s shipment policy?
- Buyers on Grailed will either receive their tracking within 7 days or their money back automatically.
- All sellers on Grailed are required to add tracking within 7 days of sale or risk that sale being automatically refunded.
How did we decide on this 7-day shipment policy?
- We’ve run the numbers! With consistent sitewide policies in place, buyers are more likely to make purchases on the platform.
- We’ve looked at what our sellers were already doing.
- We know over 95% of sellers on Grailed already add tracking to their sales within seven days.
- We asked our buyers what they expected when placing orders.
- The overwhelming majority of buyers agree that they expect shipment within seven days of the sale occurring, and we do too.
- This is still one of the most generous shipment policies in place for sellers across marketplaces.
- Other marketplaces currently require sellers to ship within 72 hours to avoid cancellations and fees.
What does this mean for me as a seller?
- Sellers will be required to add tracking to their sales within 7 days of the transaction occurring. Otherwise, the transaction will be automatically refunded after seven days.
- Sellers can find a live countdown clock directly within the message thread with their buyers.
- You will see a clear visual indication in your sold items if a listing needs tracking.
- If tracking has not yet been added to your sale, we’ll send you automated reminders to add shipping three (3) days and one (1) day before the refund occurs.
What if I cannot ship within 7 days?
- Buyers can grant an extension to their seller for up to 21 days if a mutual shipping extension is agreed upon; this will prevent a refund from occurring after the original 7 days if tracking has not been added yet.
- Buyers can grant an extension directly from their messages on the sold listing. Simply reach out to your buyer if an issue arises and request they grant you an extension.
- Note: Buyers are not obligated to grant an extension.
What does this mean for me as a buyer?
- Security. As a buyer, if your order is not fulfilled, you know that your funds will be returned to you.
- Confidence in the marketplace. You're fully covered and Grailed has automated systems in place to recover your funds if the order cannot be completed.
- Simplicity. These holds on funds until the item is shipped means that refunds can be received without having to go through PayPal's dispute process. That saves you both time and effort.
- Buyers can grant an extension to the seller for up to 21 days if a mutual shipping extension is agreed upon; this will prevent a refund from occurring after the original 7 days if tracking has not been added yet.
I use Grailed Labels which adds tracking automatically to my sales — does this affect me?
- Using Grailed Labels will automatically add tracking to your Grailed sale, circumventing the margin for error entirely.
- You can find our full Grailed Labels FAQ page .
What if I have other issues with my sale not mentioned?
- We understand sellers might occasionally experience issues that may be out of their control.
- If that’s the case, reach out to us at Grailed Support via . Explain your issue and we’ll help you out.