If the payment could not be processed, it is an issue with either the buyer or seller's account on Stripe or PayPal (our payment processors). In these instances, the transaction is canceled and the binding offer is voided to ensure the safety of both parties.
Why did it happen?
There are a number of reasons why a payment transaction may have failed:
Issues on the buyer side:
- The buyer didn't have enough funds in their account
- There is an issue with their payment method/payment information
- The buyer may have a hold placed on his account by PayPal or Stripe (for example, due to open disputes)
Issues on the seller side:
- The seller may have a hold placed on their PayPal or Stripe account
What should I do?
As a buyer:
- Make sure your payment method is set up correctly and that you have enough funds
- Send a new binding offer to the seller
As a seller:
- Send an offer to the buyer
If the issue persists:
- Reach out to PayPal here:
- Reach out to Stripe here: https://stripe.com/contact
Grailed Payments currently does not support binding offers yet, but it will be available soon!