Why did it happen?
There are a number of reasons why a payment transaction may have failed:
Issues on the buyer side:
- The buyer didn't have enough funds in their account
- There is an issue with their payment method/payment information
- The buyer may have a hold placed on his account by PayPal (for example, due to open PayPal disputes)
Issues on the seller side:
- The seller may have a hold placed on their account
What should I do?
As a buyer:
- Make sure your payment method is set up correctly and that you have enough funds
- Send a new binding offer to the seller
As a seller:
- Send an offer to the buyer
If the issue persists:
- Reach out to PayPal here: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call