1. Login to sell an item
If you don't have an account, we'll automatically create one for you.
2. Click the "SELL" button
Located in the top right header of the website or in the bottom navigation in the app.
3. Upload at least 3 photos
Good photos help you sell. Follow these optional suggestions to improve your pics:
- Use a good camera. Use a professional camera if posting from a computer or just use your phone when posting via the app.
- Use good lighting. Look for areas with natural light. Find a space in indirect sunlight, next to or near a window. Try not to shoot in a dark room or after sundown when the room is artificially lit. Any form of artificial lighting will give your photos a yellow tint, warp colors and cast shadows.
- Use a simple background. Try hanging a nail on a clean wall or use a clean floor or tabletop.
- Show multiple angles. Add photos of the front, sides, top, and bottom views.
- Show detail. Add photos of the label, material quality, and show any defects with the product.
- Add a tagged photo. Write your username on a sheet of paper and include the paper next to the item in the photo. This will help buyers trust that the item is yours.
4. Select a Market.
We like to categorize our listings by Market. Select the market that fits your listing. What are the Markets?
- Grails. For high-end designers like Rick Owens, Saint Laurent, Raf Simons, A.P.C., Maison Margiela, Acne, Comme des Garcons, Balmain, Undercover, Gucci, etc.
For highly anticipated new releases like Supreme, Jordan, Yeezy, Palace, Bape, BBC, F.O.G., Artist Merch, New Collaborations, New Drops/Releases, etc.
For high-end Classic Menswear: Brunello Cucinelli, Loro Piana, Tom Ford, Kiton, Boglioli, Alden, Crocket & Jones, Incotex, Isaia, Drakes, etc.
For mainstream brands like J.Crew, Uniqlo, Levi's, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, H&M, Zara, Vintage, Custom Pieces, etc.
5. Fill in information about the item you’re selling.
- Add a Designer. You can add up to 3 designers for collaboration items.
- Add the Size
- Create and add a descriptive Item Name (e.g., )
- Add a Description. Include the retail price, condition, measurements, shipping policy, and any links related to the item.
Copy this description template if you need help.
[Insert description] What you'd like to say about the item...
Color: [Insert item colors] (e.g., Red / Black / Navy)
Size: [Insert the size shown on label] (e.g., Medium, but fits like Large)
Measurements: [Insert measurement] (e.g., Length, width, sleeve, waist, etc)
Condition: [Insert a rating with additional comments] (e.g., 9/10 with a stain, etc)
Retail Price: [Insert the price you paid for this item] (e.g., Originally paid $500)
Shipping: [Insert your shipping policy] (e.g., Next day with tracking)
6. Price Properly
- If you're not sure how to price your item, look for similar items listed on Grailed or click the "Price Comparison" button shown on a listing page to find similar listings that have already sold for $xxx.
Once you have finished adding all of the required elements needed to post, your item will be listed in the appropriate section of Grailed as well as on your individual seller page. We will notify you via both Grailed messages and email when people ask questions or submit offers.
Good luck turning your closet into cash!